Monday, May 5, 2014

Which of these subjects and themes seem most important in the work

The most important theme in this book is that god is good. I would say that is the most important theme because Phil Robertson is ALL about religion. Phil used numerous examples of how God got him and his family through hardships and bad times, like poverty, and drug and  alcohol abuse. A line from the text to show the family's love for God is:" My boys might have strayed from Gods path for them at times, but they always had their faith to fall backon"(Robertson 188). This quote shows that the Robertson boys may have done unholy things in their lives, but Phil and God still forgave them and let them back in their home with open arms. As suprising as it may seem Phil and Kay's kids have not always been perfect. Phil explains in his book that they have all had alcohol problems, expecially Jep and Alan. The only one who did not drink was Jase, and he was always keeping his brothers in check.  

1 comment:

  1. I can hear Phil Robertson's voice and I know his personality because I used to watch Duck Dynasty. His life basically revolves around religion and his family.

    ReplyDelete