Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Summer Reading #3
"I trust him. I have to. I've come too far. If he were to leave me here and now, I'd never make it back. I can't hear the river anymore, and the canopy overhead has stolen the moonlight. As we press further, I'm finding it harder to imagine what kind of help Jasper needs. I don't understand what's particular unique skill I bring to the table. It's a strange coalition, me and Jasper Jones. We've never really even spoken before. I'm surprised he knew my name, let alone where I lived. He's rarely at school, just long enough to qualify for football. I've only ever caught glimpses of him from a distance, so I can't help but thrill in this sense of inclusion," (Silvey,8). In this part of the book the rebel of the town Jasper Jones, who is known to be up to no good, knocks on the window of Charlie Bucktin late at night. Charlie and Jasper have never spoke to each other do not know each other well. In fact, they are complete opposites. Charlie is a golden boy who has done no wrong and Jasper is the town thief. What makes this passage hooking is because Jasper wants Charlie to sneak out late and night and help him. He will not say where and why which leaves the reader wondering and makes the reader urge to read ahead and find out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment